Averitt’s Human Resources, Safety and Communications teams have implemented a plan of action in the event of a pandemic.
Our plan calls for direct and indirect communications to associates and customers about possible severity of an outbreak as well as prevention steps.
Some of the elements of our pandemic plan include:
- Communicate with customers about potential impact on delivery service and measures we’re taking to address them.
- Monitor CDC and local health department information for updates.
- Conduct survey to predict absenteeism in the event of school/daycare closures.
- Establish contingency plans at each location.
- Monitor absenteeism at each location and be prepared to activate contingency plans as needed.
- Send associates home who exhibit cold/flu symptoms. Provide each facility with an Exergen Temporal Thermometer.
- Adjust attendance policy to keep sick associates at home.
- Disinfect work areas of associates who are out sick.
- Provide onsite seasonal flu shots. Provide H1N1 vaccinations as soon as available.
- Educate associates on prevention techniques (proper cough/sneezing etiquette, handwashing, using wipes before using copiers, etc.)
- Distribute hand sanitizer and wipes at all facilities.
- Provide education and updates to associates via intranet, postings, etc.